Keto chicken BLT salad
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 8 oz. 230 g bacon
- 1 oz. 28 g butter (optional)
- 1 lb 450 g boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 10 oz. (6 cups) 280 g (1.4 liters)
- 4 oz. 110 g cherry tomatoes, in halves
- Mix mayonnaise and garlic powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Fry the bacon slices in butter (if using) until crispy. Remove and keep warm. Save the grease in the pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then cut each thigh into thirds. Fry in the same skillet as the bacon until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Rinse and chop the lettuce; be sure to use a clean cutting board and knife (different from the one used when handling the raw chicken).
- Place the lettuce on a plate and top with chicken, bacon, tomatoes, and garlic mayo.
For a shortcut, sub in shredded rotisserie chicken. Then the bacon fat can be used to make a yummy bacon vinaigrette for the salad. Just add a little vinegar and salt and pepper!